[3830] CQWW SSB K1LZ SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K1LZ SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 16:11:43 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: K1LZ
Operator(s): K1LZ
Station: K1LZ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Massachusetts
Operating Time (hrs): 47
OpMode: SO2R

  160:   63     9       29
   80:  226    12       52
   40: 1104    25       96
   20: 1223    32      106
   15: 1645    19       29
   10: 1313    26       93
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

What a great contest this weekend!
Congratulations to Kevin N5DX for his superb achievement. I got to know him
closely last year when he was part of K1lZ M/M for the WW DX Contest CW. He is a
great operator, and most importantly, a great person. His heart is in the right
place. So, I’m happy for him, knowing how hard 48 hours in front of the radio
can be.

For me, between the first night's aurora absorption in ME and my mishandling of
the SO2R SET UP, I ended up working with only 1 radio, and Kevin, who disrupted
my multipair plans. This was my worst multiplayer performance ever. I thought
that I had to make a lot of QSOs on the first day and pull ahead of Kevin N5DX
(which never happened – he's a fighter), and on the second day, I would
accumulate multiples. Unfortunately, this time, it didn't work out. Multiples
are in the band where they want to be, not where I need them, Hihi!

Anyway, it was a great lesson learned. I’m glad the station is in absolutely
perfect condition. The operator this time was the problem. One good thing is I
physically handled 48 hours with no problem, so I can do it but need a better
strategy and SO2R, which I know how to handle.

I wish I could stay in good health. There's always a new contest. Thank you all
for the contacts. See you again in a few weeks in CW when we will have the team
for M/M participation.

Best Regards,
Krassy K1lz