[3830] CQWW SSB VK1A M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vk2im9@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VK1A M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 06:33:15 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: VK1A
Operator(s): VK2IA VK2IM VK4DX
Station: VK1A

Class: M/S HP
QTH: QG62JV
Operating Time (hrs): 45h04

  160:    2     2        2
   80:    8     8        8
   40:  560    31       83
   20: 1129    33      114
   15: 1156    33      110
   10: 1983    32      105
------------------------------

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

We put up some new antennas a couple days before the contest but ran out of time
to do it all.  Murphy decided to hide inside one of the radios a few hours into
the contest.  We could not integrate spare radio into the system (interface to
BP filters /antennas switching, login program, etc.).  We were using just half
of the radio for the multiplayer station.  We lost the voice keyer as well.  Who
would say that we can run a 48-h contest without voice keyer.

CONDX were excellent most of the time.  10 only closed after midnight.  High
rates throughout, often peaking over 300, but few times dropped down to 30 per
hour (whole  hour).

Still, it was a good weekend and we all are quite happy with the score in spite
of all the problems.  Bit shy of the VK record.  Bernd, VK2IA, and Vlad, VK2IM,
did the whole nine yards and Mike, VK4DX, came on Sunday to push the rates up.

VK1A station is very much a work in progress and it heading the right direction
;o)

Thanks for Q’s and 73’s from the team