[3830] CQWW SSB J62K(@J68HZ) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB J62K(@J68HZ) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 17:50:03 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: J62K
Operator(s): J69DS
Station: J68HZ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: J6

  160:    9     4        8
   80:  161    14       41
   40:  802    20       73
   20: 1677    33      103
   15: 1276    31       96
   10: 3999    31      106
------------------------------

Thanks everyone for the contacts. Lots of antenna work to do leading up to the
contest and then we build the station. Murphy seems to haunt the station and he
stayed with us for the weekend. We suffered with RF issues from the start of the
contest and have never had this before. We lost the antenna controller on the
MULT station. Before the contest the KPA1500 on the RUN station faulted but upon
reset worked great for the contest. Although when we fired up the amp on Monday
morning the HV supply faulted. So perhaps another trip to mother ship? We have
had lots of issues with this amp.

WOW what great band conditions on 10 meters with 4000 contacts!!!! Incredible
pileups. It was great to have Frans with us for another contest, but we really
missed having Dan W0CN with us. Unfortunately, he had to drop out at the last
minute.

Lots of rain this year made it hard to complete the antenna work but we did it
through the heat and humidity. The humidity at this time of year is no joke,
much different than our usually time in March.

Strong competition with GREAT scores. Thank you everyone for the contacts. You
make CQWW one of the best contest. Good luck and see you in March for ARRL DX
SSB.

73, Kyle, Bill, Frans