[3830] CQWW SSB WW4XX(LZ4AX) SOAB Classic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB WW4XX(LZ4AX) SOAB Classic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 16:51:45 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: WW4XX
Operator(s): LZ4AX
Station: WW4XX

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: Atlanta, GA

  160:    5     3        3
   80:   47    10       28
   40:  129    19       56
   20:  257    25       80
   15:  417    25       89
   10:  552    22       90
------------------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

This morning our neighbors' 4-year-old was singing "whiskey whiskey four
x-ray x-ray" while her mom was setting her up in the car. Hope she didn't
hear that coming from their audio system and it is just a reminder for me to
make more use of the voice keyer. I also hope this was the only thing she
overheard ...

A month ago I didn't have a single antenna. Took all the wires down after CQWW
CW in anticipation of tower installation. Talk about wishfull thinking ...
Either way, 4 weeks ago KM4DAY and I hand-carried the tower from the garrage to
the backyard, tilted it up and started hanging the wires. Got it all done this
past Thursday. Not all of it yet, of course, but enough to get on. It does look
very good, per KM4DAY and the neighbors, and seems to be getting out as I worked
almost everything I heard. That might be another way of saying  I'm deaf as a
stone but I'm happy with the outcome anyway.

The half-time score was ~1M.

73, Alex LZ4AX