[3830] CQWW SSB VA7BEC SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va7bec@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VA7BEC SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 16:04:50 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: VA7BEC
Operator(s): VA7BEC
Station: VA7BEC

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: near Vancouver

  160:    8     2        2
   80:   55     6        5
   40:  104    12       20
   20:  285    21       64
   15:  454    22       45
   10:  282    16       36
------------------------------
Total: 1190    79      172  Total Score = 645,823

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Ideally, I like to improve upon a previous year's results. Many factors beyond
my control might hinder achievement, and more often than not, I have to revise
operating strategy on the go. I know, I state the obvious. :)

CONDX was a mixed bag, from absolutely abysmal to totally fantastic. EU was a
challenge, with most Qs on an incredibly skewed path. AS was also difficult. Low
bands were noisy, and yet I more than tripled my Q count on 40m year-on-year.
15m and 10m were more of my go-to bands than 20m.

Despite poor propagation, I have many stations on four and even five bands. :)
Great ears.

In the end, I exceeded last years Q count, country count and score but fell
short of zone count by 2. Overall, I'm pleased with the results. My sincerest
thanks to everyone who heard me, either in the pileups or when I was calling CQ,
and helped me reach these numerical results.

It was great to hear so many familiar callsigns and exchange a quick pleasantry
when conditions allowed. See you all again soon.

33, 73 and 88 as appropriate,
Rebecca VA7BEC