[3830] CQWW SSB K1RX M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mpridesti@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K1RX M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 15:20:24 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: K1RX
Operator(s): K1RX W3MLJ W7IV KC1KUG
Station: K1RX

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: NH

  160:   32    10       19
   80:  361    17       71
   40:  556    24       90
   20: 1245    39      124
   15: 1855    35      126
   10: 1398    31      137
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Who knew you could do so well with one tower and a few yagis? Needless to say,
we are very proud of our score :)

Firstly, I would like to extend a huge thank you to Mark K1RX and his wife, Judy
for making all of this happen. Without his weeks of station prep leading up to
the contest, we would never have been able to do this. The contest cookies were
awesome!

We had first timer (at K1RX) Paul, W7IV with us (who recently relocated to NH).
This was his first contest from New England. He was definitely impressed with
the conditions from this side. Also joining us for the first time was Michael,
W3MLJ. He also had a blast, and I'm sure we will see more of him in the future.
The team did a great job, and we were able to keep both stations QRV for all 48
hours, which can get hard with only four ops. Huge thanks to Paul and Michael
for sticking it out through the overnight,and getting up the next day to run on
the high bands. Mark didn't plan on operating too much, but he got some hours in
as well.

For the first time (probably ever), we had no issues that kept us off the air. A
loose connector at the 15 m position generated some wide band noise (found that
loose connector at the base of the tower in the relay switching by listening for
"CQ Contest" being deciphered from the diode action) but we didn't
lose any op time. Mark did a great job fool-proofing the station for us kids.

I was happy to hear all kinds of interesting DX. OC was very well represented on
10m in my opinion. We worked so many really cool mults in the last hour of the
contest. I think we had something like 6 or 7 double mults on 10 and 15 within
the last half hour. I even worked a JA on 10 at 2330z on Sunday. Overall, I am
very happy with condx, and I am looking forward to seeing you all again on CW.

Thanks to all that called in, lots of friends, great time!

Bray KC1KUG for the team.

Note from the host:  it was nice seeing the kids in action and using the old
guys to cover much of the nighttime schedule.  Kids need the adrenaline rush,
not the old timers so we tried to accommodate.