[3830] CQWW SSB VU2MUD SOSB10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vu2mud@yahoo.co.uk
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VU2MUD SOSB10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 10:58:04 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: VU2MUD
Operator(s): VU2MUD
Station: VU2MUD

Class: SOSB10 HP
QTH: MK83sa
Operating Time (hrs): 12:25

   20:   52    12       34
   15:   51     9       30
   10:  150    14       54
------------------------------

Club: VU Contest Group

Comments:

Good to back to serious contesting after a break of nearly 5 years due to family
and health issues.  Last couple of years were a basically a casual entry - more
out of protocol rather than contesting.  In the last period of the solar
minimum, I had set my target on 2023 as my GET BACK ON THE AIR year.
Found that the band openings were now not in the same timeblocks as I was used
to.  20m opening to Carribian and South America was good upto 0230 UTC.  10m was
open most of the day and extended to even 1900 UTC (my mandatory shut down
time). 15m openings were not as I had experienced previously. On the second day,
 20m opening was not as good but 10m & 15m were really good.
Missed the ability to rotate the antenna due to a failed controller shortly
before the contest.  This Hexbeam fixed at 330 deg seems to be pretty high on
the F-B Ratio as I as unable to work any JA/ BY/ Oceania/ SE Asia/ Africa.  Even
the Asiatic Russian stations were not heard.  Also missed the Mainland US.
Although I heard the SAmericans, felt the need to turn the antenna to 270 deg.
But overall satisfied with the score and the experience
Eagerly look forward to the next contests on the calander