[3830] CQWW SSB AE0EE SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ae0ee@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB AE0EE SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 06:08:38 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: AE0EE
Operator(s): AE0EE
Station: AE0EE

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MN

  160:    1     1        1
   80:    1     1        1
   40:    5     3        3
   20:   18     9       11
   15:   28    13       18
   10:   53    15       30
------------------------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

100 W, dipoles up 5-7 m.

For various reasons, I wasn't able to get to my operating location until about
1800z Saturday, and then had to put up antennas.  It was easy enough to get the
40/15 m dipole and the 20 m dipole up, but the 80/160 m fan dipole (which also
serves 10 m) is a real beast.  The weather was cold (-1 C, 30 F) and windy, but
at least the snow held off until after I was done and the antenna analyzer
reported that the antenna is in good order.  I finally got thawed out and on the
air around 0000z Sunday.

It was great to have so much activity on 10 meters, though my rate wasn't very
good.  After a little while without much success, I moved to 15 m and did
marginally better.  I had been coming into the weekend exhausted, so went to bed
early.  After a bit of operating in the wee hours of the morning, picking up
some low-band contacts, I was able to get back to sleep, but then did my usual
miss-the-sunday-morning-opening-to-Euurope thing.  At least there was some good
DX on 10 meters, and eventually I worked my way through a few multipliers on 15
and 20 m.

Rates were not very good overall, and the thought of running never really
occurred.  I worked two new ones (Tuvalu and Reunion), but didn't make progress
on 80 or 160 m toward DXCC.  Still, it was fun to hear so much activity on the
high bands and I'm hopeful there will be good conditions for the later contests
this year and next