[3830] CQWW SSB K2AX M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bob_beyer@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K2AX M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 03:48:31 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: K2AX
Operator(s): K2AX K3FT AA3K AK2S NY3B KE2D
Station: K2AX

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: NJ

  160:   28     7       13
   80:  237    15       66
   40:  260    22       81
   20:  826    35      117
   15: 1490    36      121
   10: 1389    34      136
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Last year we made 6.9m.  in 2021 me made 7.1m. We set out this year to make 8m
and were able to reach that goal.  Assuming the score isn't reduced by an
unusual amount of errors, this will likely set a new station record for this
contest.
Like last year, 15m and 10m were our best bands.  For a while 10m was ahead but
15 stayed open a little longer and we managed to pull ahead. With 2 hours to go,
my quick approximation told me we'd need slightly more than 100 Qs to reach 8m
and I wasn't sure we could do it as things wound down. However we managed to
make 130 in the last 2 hours.
The 3 low bands were not as productive as we'd like but this is to be expected
at this point in the cycle.  Conditions were not as amazing as they had been in
the few weeks before the contest but they were still actually pretty good.  The
SFI dipped in the week before and the A & K came up during the weekend which
didn't help.
Looking forward to CW next month and hope the conditions are even better.

Thanks as always to Mark O'Brien for the use of the great station.  We couldn't
do this without his help.  Thanks also to Donna for her patience and
hospitality.  73 KE2D

P.S.  I operated my home station remotely in between turns in the chair at K2AX
so a few stations may have heard my call as well.  I'll post that score
separately a little later.