[3830] CQWW SSB W8FN SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8fn@windstream.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W8FN SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 00:18:29 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 6:30

   40:   17     7       11
   20:  105    13       38
   15:   75    15       40
   10:   28    12       21
------------------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Wow. Doing a SSB contest is never a whole lot of fun for me. Doing one under
marginal conditions with just dipoles is the very definition of an ass whupping.
Conditions weren't very good here, at least in the hours I was able to get on.
Worked a little Friday night and Saturday afternoon. Only had about an hour
Sunday after company left. Never heard any truly strong EU signals. Sunday
evening was nothing but a few SA stations and a few VEs. Even 500W and the good
talk power of the CESSB processing in the K4 didn't help much getting through
the piles. Hope conditions are better for the CW event next month.

73...
Randy, W8FN