[3830] CQWW SSB AB2E SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB AB2E SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 23:28:54 +0000

Comments:

Rig: FTDX-9000D/OM Power 2000A+
Antennas:
160m inverted L over 100ft tree.
75m dipole @ 85ft
40m dipole @ 80ft
10/15/20m C3SS Force 12 tribander @52ft on AB-577 military mast
Operating time: 35 hours

Wow, wonderful to see 10m open for so long all weekend. This is my best alltime
score from a home QTH for the SSB part of CQWW. 10m was a record-setting number
of country mults for me at 122, almost had dxcc on a 3rd band, 20m with 93.
Great runs on 10m Sat and excellent runs on 15 for me Sun when 10 was not quite
as good. 160 was a sad disappointment with 8Qs and 3 countries worked. High
noise, and never could hear much of anything. I overslept Sat morning, and
missed at least an hour of runs on 10m, but did well once I got started. Great
to bust a few pileups ahead of better equipped stations and I was constantly
hearing a lot of FRC members in the pileups. Really fun to watch the contest
scoreboard in real time, it really adds fun to the mix, and gives you a ballpark
idea of how you are doing. 10m was the money band for mults, but for me 15m was
the money band for QSOs, almost 600.

Looking forward to the CQWW CW when I will be operating from Bermuda again as
AB2E/VP9.

73 Darrell AB2E

Contest: CQWWSSB
 Band     QSOs     Pts   ZN  Cty  Pt/Q