[3830] NyQP N2MG M/S MobileCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NyQP N2MG M/S MobileCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 17:15:25 +0000
                    New York QSO Party - 2023

Call: N2MG
Operator(s): N2MG N2ZN
Station: N2MG

Class: M/S MobileCW HP
QTH: WNY

   15:    65
   10:    12
----------------------------
Total:  1137    0       0  Mults = 84  Total Score = 191,016

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I made it!

For about two years, my HF mobile platform, a 2018 F150, had a warranty engine
issue. Long story…  Finally, earlier this year I found a dealer with whom I
got on "the list" and months later - and just three weeks before NYQP
- I got the call... "We finally got all the parts. Bring it in, now!"
So, of course, the "3-4 day" job turned into the better part of the
entire three-week period and I got the truck back on the Thursday before the
contest.  Naturally, some (barely managed) panic set in, as there is significant
work involved preparing the mobile. I got everything going after suffering some
“physical layer” issues with the control connections to the main antenna,
and some “biological layer” issues with the front one!  But I got ‘er
done.  OK, whining over.

Ken, N2ZN, my stalwart and patient co-conspirator joined me again, in our third
attempt to beat the similarly equipped mobile station of Rus, K2UA. Rus seems to
always manage to invite some out-of-state ringer-of-a-ham with the name,
“Mark” – this year it was AG9A!  What a pleasure it was for the four of us
to meet and break bread prior to, and after, the adventure.

Much of the trip’s highlights were written up in K2UA’s comments; I’ll
only add that the drive north along NY-8 and then south on NY-10 through the
lower ‘dacks (Adirondacks to you) was beautiful. The usual October rains had
not yet de-leafed the Autumn trees.

For so many reasons, NYQP has become a favorite contest!