[3830] IlQP K9D Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IlQP K9D Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 04:59:06 +0000
                    Illinois QSO Party - 2023

Call: K9D
Operator(s): AA0Z KK0U WB0SND WB0TUA
Station: K9D

Class: Unlimited HP
QTH: IL

  160:
   80:     242
   40:     696      90
   20:     502     460
   15:      32
------------------------
Total:    1472     550  Mults = 115  Total Score = 401,810

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Wow, cleaning up logs from N1MM has been a complete PITA.  That's what we get
for forgetting to execute the COUNTYLINE command in the entry window after N1MM
crashes.  Lesson Learned!  (perhaps ditch N1MM).

Thanks to Derek WB0TUA for inviting us out to play!  What a beautiful day, and
with all the activity, what fun!  He cooks, too!

Murphy did his job -- both line launchers went kaputnik, parts and equipment
didn't make it out, Mike WB0SND's truck's tailgate would not open (and he has a
cap on the back, so it was 'interesting'), N1MM crashed, and the amp wouldn't
load on 80m, and we vacillated too long on deciding to go Unlimited.

Dang it, we still had fun!

Ran a big doublet on 20m/80m, and an EFHW on 40m/15m.  We are all converts of
the EFHW on 40m!

Kyle stopped by long enough to get a second aerial on the air, and get us going
on the phone bands.

We all learned a lot about putting together a decent effort like this, and we'll
be better next year!  Most of all we learned that Ham Radio is still a heckuva
lot of fun when you've got a good group of folks to hang out and operate with.

Thanks to all the participants, local distant and DX.  Thanks to all the rovers
that kept us chasing you up and down the state and bands.  Thanks to WIARC for
putting this shebang on!

IC-745/KPA500 on 20m, IC-745 barefoot on 80m both into a big doublet.
IC-706 barefoot into an EFHW on 40m and 15m.

See you in the next round!

73, Jim KK0U