[3830] TBDC AJ6T Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aj6t@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC AJ6T Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 20:31:36 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Pre-Stew

Call: AJ6T
Operator(s): AJ6T
Station: AJ6T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Tennessee
Operating Time (hrs): 5:25

Total:  QSOs = 155  Total Score = 565

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

I had just refurbished my 160m antenna farm (57' T-vertical in the trees and
225' bi-directional BOG pointed at 70 degrees)to chase DX, so the timing of the
Stew was just perfect.  My plan was to operate in the SPDC contest with my
barefoot K3s (KPA1500 is back at Elecraft again) while waiting for ZD9W to show
up on FT8 on his last night of operation.  My days of staying up all night to
catch Topband propagation at sunrise are long over, so I just put in a bit over
5 hours.  I was pleased with the performance of my brand new bi-directional BOG.
 It really made a difference when listening for west coast stations.  There was
no hint of European propagation but I did work ZF2VE, 8P5A and HQ9A.  I had a
lot of fun in the Stew, and the night was capped off nicely by working ZD9W.