[3830] TBDC KI0I Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC KI0I Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 18:02:36 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Pre-Stew

Call: KI0I
Operator(s): KI0I
Station: KI0I

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MO EM28
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 142  Total Score = 657

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

I shot a line thru the top of a tall oak tree at the land I1m building a house.
Pulled up a coaxial bazooka Inv L,it worked pretty well with only 9 - 130'
radials cut from spools of rg6. I also laid a 200' bog out to the NE, however
the inv L had better reception so the BOG was secondary use.
Only search and pounce as I crept up and down the band looking for victims. It
was curious how many sigs were very copyable on the vertical but no joy trying
to work them. I must have tried 8P5A a hundred times and never could make it ,
altho
ZF2VE and NP2X were worked like a chip shot. You just can`t tell what will
happen when replying to a CQ !
It was fun however , if not a spectacular success. DX from the heartland isn`t
for the peewee stations. The antenna is coming down today and will be out in the
open and hopfully better for the next contest.
Icom 7300 for the radio and N1mm+ to key and log qsos .
A temp setup at a work in progress QTH.
Thanks everyone that helped on some difficult exchanges.
73 Stay safe
Mark KI0I/0