[3830] CWopsT VE9AA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT VE9AA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 20:07:45 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1900Z Oct 18

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: nb

Total:  109  Mults = 97  Total Score = 10,573

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

WORM WARMER ANTENNA ! ! !

I swear to you this is 100% true.  Yesterday my ZS6BKW (which is on my Radio #2
in my SO2R setup) fell down.  I am in no physical condx after a recent accident
to make the proper repairs but today I hobbled out on crutches to the back yard
and my lovely XYL tied the free end up on a tree trunk so the antenna is roughly
18-20" off the ground in the middle and close to 24" on each end.  The
450 Ohm twin lead we black taped to a 10' pipe nearby.

I did all this as we could get serious frost or snow anytime now and when I am
well enough I'll want to put it back in a tree @ 50'

Who would've guessed I'd have one of my best LP efforts ever with an antenna
almost touching the ground ?!?!

Some signals sounded really weird (W3's/SM5's) so something is going on in the
Ionosphere that really helped me today.

CU all of a sudden!

Mike VE9AA

IC7410 @ 80w (SWR 2.5->3.1:1 on 10-15-20