[3830] CWopsT K9ZO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K9ZO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 14:47:19 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1300Z Oct 18

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: il
Operating Time (hrs): 15 min

Total:  41  Mults = 41  Total Score = 1,681

Club: Metro DX Club

Comments:

Busy day with paperwork and getting ready for some rain. Late start. As usual
the SteppIR did not work on 40, so used the vertical. It worked great last night
getting through to ZD9W.  TO8FH did not show on 160.  41 WPM 7.035.5.

>From my viewpoint the "ZO Fiesta" was a great success. My wife,
Connie, spent a lot of time planning, procuring, and preparing.  My success was
cleaning up the shack a bit.  We had K9ZO and Connie, AG9A, KW9A, K9CT, KG9X,
N5KO, N0AX, N7US, W9ILY, KG9N, W9MK, N9CO, K9NR, K9UIY and Jan, WA9LEY, and N9TK
in attendance.  I am saddened that N7MB became a silent key on Monday and could
not join us. He was one of the few guys who liked to do tower jobs, assemble
antennas, measure wire, and try new things.  I hope the guys want to do this
again.

It was too cloudy to see the eclipse, but we took some good pictures of the
group.  KW9A stayed for the evening and N5KO, N0AX, N9CO, & AG9A spent the
night so we had a good breakfast on Sunday morning. I hope this is not my last
hurrah as I have started my third type of cancer treatment, but it sure brought
back good memories of the A-Team DXpeditions, contests, and chasing DX.  What
first-class operators!