[3830] Makrothen RTTY KG4IGC SO/Single Xcvr LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Makrothen RTTY KG4IGC SO/Single Xcvr LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 16:33:25 +0000
                    Makrothen RTTY Contest - 2023

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: SO/Single Xcvr LP
QTH: South Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 16:31

Total:  351  Total Score = 1,748,682

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Had a good time operating in this years Macrothen Contest. Lot's of EU to work
on 20/40 meters were in fair condition to EU and Northern Africa Friday night.
10-15 meters for the Saturday & Sunday sessions. Only saw a few JA's on the
higher bands and they were pretty weak but did manage to work a couple of JA's
and a few Asiatic Russian stations.SA was noticeably missing for most of the
contest, as was the Caribbean. I did work Surinam, Brazil, and one Argentina
station. Ran head to head with fellow Swamp Fox Bill N1UZ the entire contest,
but just couldn't manage to catch up to him. Kudo's to Bill for "out-foxing
me hihi, he certainly kept me on my toes. Was hoping for good band conditions on
Sunday, but they were sub-par at best. I did notice that 10 & 15 meters
started to have a good opening about 10 minutes before the contest ended, go
figure, right? Got two cool contacts on 10 meters around 15:45 back to back, one
with SX52OA in DODECANESE & TF3AO in ICELAND.TNX to all who worked my peanut
whistle station, looking forward to hearing you all in the next RTTY contest!

Rig: Yaesu FT-DX3000 with an SDRPlay for Panadapter
PWR: 5-100 Watts
ANTS:272 foot horizontal Loop at 25 feet, 2X Super Loops for 20 & 40 meters
at 25 feet, NA4RR Hex Antenna at 20 feet , Maco V/58 for 10 meters at 30 feet,
& a Ground mounted Gap Challenger

Live in South Carolina and enjoy contesting? Check out SC\\\'s premier
contesting club! www.swampfoxcontestgroup.com
Send com