[3830] CaQP K4HQK SO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jwfuller@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP K4HQK SO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2023 18:03:46 +0000
                    California QSO Party - 2023

Call: K4HQK
Operator(s): K4HQK
Station: K4HQK

Class: SO HP
QTH: Alexandria, VA

--------------------
Total:  154     0  Mults = 46  Total Score = 21,252

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

One of the best state QSO parties, with plenty of action both days. Band
conditions were strange on Saturday, however, with a fast-rolling QSB, up and
down, almost making me seasick! It was especially bad on 20 meters, which in
addition was noisy. The Space Weather Advisory Outlook said that Saturday had
experienced a "radio blackout," possibly the cause of that QSB. Sunday
had little of it, fortunately.

I found 15 meters in fine shape and busy, so I shifted most of my activity
there.

Special thanks to the contest committee for posting instructions on how to
correct one's log for doubled QSOs with a station parked on a county line. That
took care of K7AUE/6's "mischievous" activity from LASS and SIER :-)

California is one of our most interesting states, having visited several times
for business and pleasure, so this contest was a pleasant vicarious return for
me.

John K4HQK
Alexandria, VA

Station: Icom 7410, Cushcraft R6000 vertical, and dipoles.