[3830] CaQP W6IA M/2 CntyExp Cnty1DayExp LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, MarkW6IA@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP W6IA M/2 CntyExp Cnty1DayExp LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2023 05:11:28 +0000
                    California QSO Party - 2023

Call: W6IA
Operator(s): W6IA W7EEE
Station: W6IA

Class: M/2 LP
Class Overlay: CntyExp Cnty1DayExp
QTH: HUMB
Operating Time (hrs): 7:22

   40:    0     58
   20:  164     41
   15:  140     16
   10:    0     51
--------------------

Club: West Valley ARA

Comments:

This was a "fly-in" expedition to Humboldt County with all antennas
and gear checked on a commercial airplane.  Our operating location in the
beautiful redwood forests of far northern California could not have been more
spectacular with amazing ocean views just steps from our campsite.  We had a
simple rotatable trapped dipole on a fiberglass mast for 10-15-20 and a low
dipole for 40 meters and tall redwood trees all around us with terrain to the
east.  Even though band conditions were excellent, and we had zero noise, rates
were much slower for us than in previous years due to a limited station and a
less-than-ideal location from a propagation standpoint. We still had a great
time and hope we helped some to get HUMB in the log! Thanks for the Qs and we'll
see you next year.  73, Mark W6IA & Tim W7EEE.