[3830] Oceania SSB VJ2J(VK2CZ) SOSB/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Oceania SSB VJ2J(VK2CZ) SOSB/10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2023 03:26:43 +0000
                    Oceania DX Contest, Phone - 2023

Call: VJ2J
Operator(s): VK2CZ
Station: VJ2J

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: Sydney
Operating Time (hrs):

   10:  541   337
-------------------
Total:  541   337  Total Score = 548,200

Simply incredible conditions on 10m, mind you a 6 over 6 OWA Yagi stack keeps
things live in even dead conditions. Propagation was weird, working Central
America and YV when beaming north from VK, and then having stations work me on
the back of my beams - which BTW are -30dB down from the main lobe..!

Almost secured a Worked All Provinces of Canada, however I could only work 2 ZL
stations on backscatter..   Almost back to the heady 10m days of 2001/2002 when
the band was open almost the full 24 hours.

Sadly, health issues kept from from investing more time on-air, happiness
prevailed with only an ongoing dodgy SPE amplifier than would burst into self
oscillation and shut down every few minutes.. I must open it up and try an fix
it one day before it forces me to take it to the scrap metal yard.

Regards,
David Burger VK2CZ, operating as VJ2J