[3830] CaQP K7GK/6(@K6LRG) SO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7gk@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP K7GK/6(@K6LRG) SO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2023 00:18:43 +0000
                    California QSO Party - 2023

Call: K7GK/6
Operator(s): K7GK
Station: K6LRG

Class: SO HP
QTH: ALAM
Operating Time (hrs): 15:41
OpMode: SO2R
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:    91
--------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was planned a low key operation with the main goal to get more used to the
remote SO2R with Flex. I made a significant step in that direction for sure, but
still not quite the same level of familiarity and comfort as flipping the
tumblers on a good old DXDoubler. Had a few issues with the remote, chief among
them the keying going away in the middle of sending, which I ultimately learned
to fill in with the paddle. But before I figured that out, I was surely a lid to
a few people. My apologies.
It was great to have 10 back and 15 performing as well as it did. But I
certainly felt that 40 and 80 were quite good as well. I had quite a few
5-banders and even two 4-banders from EU (OQ5M and OM2VL).
The number of dupe callers this year was mind boggling. I think it's because my
call with portable 6 is not in some RBN database, so it probably was busted a
ton of times by the skimmers. Of course, I myself was a dupe caller due to the
busted spots on more than a few occasions, but this experience was on another
level.
Still, this was so much fun and certainly not an event to be missed.
Many thanks to Chris N6WM for letting me play with the hilltop remote.
Also to the CQP chairman Dean N6DE and the rest of the CQP team for their
tireless work putting on this fun event.