[3830] CQ WW RTTY I4VEQ(IT9RGY) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY I4VEQ(IT9RGY) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 17:28:46 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2023

Call: I4VEQ
Operator(s): IT9RGY
Station: IR4X

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 47
OpMode: 2BSIQ

   80:  250       11      59    13
   40:  642       49      89    27
   20: 1061       54      97    32
   15:  843       57      97    32
   10:  513       50      85    31
------------------------------------
Total: 3309      221     427   221  Total Score = 6,612,435

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

Another WW RTTY is gone!
To be able to run this contest I had to even organize my vacation accordingly
and be able to get to the station well in advance to prepare everything.
I won't mention all the things that went wrong, but 5hrs prior the contest the
station was ready and I was ok, maybe a bit tired but happy!
The start was amazing, 20m wide open to US for hours, 40m a bit tough and noisy,
80m a nightmare to US but I knew that.
Saturday we all went quite early on 20-15 and I actually wanted to push 20m a
lot to make the EU QSO that i usually miss on high bands.
LZ5R then took the lead and there was no way to catch Milen anymore. Being a
super operator, with a super station at the EU bottom is let's say a kick ass
setup for this contest :D
His new EU record will last for - several - years.

Sunday was the moment for a quick nap and then I was back to try to defend my
2nd place. But Vedran 9A7DX showed up and, again, He proved to be one of the
best op I know. He is able to make more QSO when you even think you are running
ok. It is what it is, if you have Vedran on your back it's a matter of time, he
will take you HIHI.
The funny part was being chased and even enjoy looking that performance at the
online scoreboard!

This contest has been simply memorable I'd say: Milen LZ5R, Vedran 9A5Y, Chris
SN7Q, P3X, Manu K1LZ, Bud AA3B.... I mean, I am just glad to be there and
playing with all you guys!

In the end thanks to IR4X team, especially to Sten ZGO, Gabri UPB, Andy VET and
Clay VEQ for all effort to make this contest happen.
Thanks Clay to let me use I4VEQ as well!

Thanks all for the fun and the QSO!!
See you soon....Gabry IT9RGY