[3830] CQ WW RTTY W4AAA(KK9A) SOSB40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, john@w4aaa.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY W4AAA(KK9A) SOSB40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 18:09:12 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2023

Call: W4AAA
Operator(s): KK9A
Station: W4AAA

Class: SOSB40 HP
QTH: North Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 30
OpMode: SO2R

   80:
   40: 1200      56      78    25
-----------------------------------
Total: 1200      56      78    25  Total Score = 390,000

For various reasons, usually antenna project related, it has been years since I
seriously participated in this contest. This year Hurricane Ophelia had hit the
coast of North Carolina but further inland where I am located it was just windy
with a little rain. Fortunately, the power stayed on and the rain static was not
too bad so I was able to enjoy a CQWW RTTY weekend. This was my first 40m single
band entry ever in this contest and I had an amazing start. By the end of the
first 7 hours, I had made 517 contacts. I had not moved from the chair or
touched the VFO during this period. Of course the rates slowed after the initial
rush and never returned but I still kept pretty busy throughout both nights. The
exception occurred late into the second night when nearly everyone in the US was
sleeping and I made only 11 QSOs in two hours. I am happy with my QSO total but
I wish that I could have worked more multipliers. I tuned the bands with a
second radio connected to a vertical and also the second receiver on my Elecraft
K3s but neither receiver worked when I transmitted so it was challenging and
distracting at times. I had not used my station in six months, thankfully
everything worked perfectly and I had a great time in this year's CQWW RTTY
contest! I would like to thank everyone for the QSOs and also thank my QSL
manager WD9DZV for all of the work that he does with EQSL, Clublog, LoTW as well
as answering physical QSL cards.

73,
John W4AAA ( KK9A,op)
QSL via WD9DZV