[3830] CQ WW RTTY W1DYJ SOAB Classic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb.w1dyj@verizon.met
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY W1DYJ SOAB Classic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 16:56:30 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2023

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 19:18

   80:    8       5        4     4
   40:   70      24       15     8
   20:   89      16       33    12
   15:  140      29       36    14
   10:   65      11       31    15
------------------------------------
Total:  372      85      119    53  Total Score = 214,338

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

RTTY has become my favorite contesting mode.  It's the only mode where
I feel I am "competitive" with my small station in the CLASSIC niche.
RTTY Contesting also suits my psyche -- laid back and therapeutic.  I think
of all the other hams worldwide that are sitting in their shacks doing
the same thing I am doing and it helps me see the world as one!

This was fun.  My seventh year participating, not only did I have personal
bests on 15 and 10, but it also was an overall personal best.
(Thank you sun!)  All S&P, my rate was usually over 30 which is fine for
me.
The overall calculated rate was 22.  (YES -- I need to RUN, but my experience
has not been positive when doing that.)

It was good to see YCCC an top of the US listings!  The LoTW QSL rate after
less than two days = 42.5%

On the down side, it's amazing how so many HAMS don't send explicit
exchanges!  When one sends a "CQ," one should ALWAYS end with
"CQ"
or "QRZ", etc.  Otherwise when you receive a partial transmission,
you
don't know if that ham is calling CQ or responding to another.

Glad to hear so many YCCC'ers.  I had one 5-bander(9A1A), two 4-banders
(OK1KSL, OK5Z) and eleven 3-banders.
---------
RIG: TS590SG
ANTENNAS:
   80/40  trapped 80/40m dipole @ 30'
   20  HB Moxon @ 36'
   15  Rotatable Dipole @ 33'
   10  HB 5el yagi @ 30'
FLDigi 4.1.25 >> N3FJP's CQ WW DX RTTY 2.4.4
Actual BIC = 13:59  Official [60 min] BIC = 19:18

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ