[3830] CQ WW RTTY AC0C SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jeff@ac0c.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY AC0C SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 02:18:15 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2023

Call: AC0C
Operator(s): AC0C
Station: AC0C

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 19.5
OpMode: SO2R

   80:  166       39      11     7
   40:  275       43      47    15
   20:  257       47      40    19
   15:  743       44      76    25
   10:  465       28      67    21
------------------------------------
Total: 1906      201     241    87  Total Score = 2,151,972

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

A tale of two contests - at least that's how the weekend went here what with
horrendous lightning storms preventing operation on most of Saturday.

The same storms had made the low bands very noisy on both evenings, even between
passes of the storm all together resulting in about 20 hours of lost BIC time.
While the lightning was bad enough to keep me off the air, the guys further
north in the KC metro area were really hammered with terrible lightning.  The
40m tower rotator is not turning after this weekend, but no other issues in the
shack were found.  Fingers are crossed that this proves to be a rotor controller
issue only (meaning an in-the-shack fix) - and not a rotor issue - but that's a
project for later.

When Sunday morning came along - the storms were gone, the bands were quiet and
prop condx great - especially 10m & 15m with tons of activity.  A great
contest was to be had after all - Sunday was a lot of fun!

Thanks to all those who replied my calls and my requests for fills.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com

Pair of Yaesu FT5K and a single Flex amp in So2r, JT antennas, Microham SMD
station automation, N1MM