[3830] CQ WW RTTY ZF2SS(KO7SS) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ko7ss@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY ZF2SS(KO7SS) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 00:55:38 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2023

Call: ZF2SS
Operator(s): KO7SS
Station: ZF2SS

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Cayman Brac

   80:   58       32      13    10
   40:  333       50      62    23
   20:  473       55      83    31
   15:  764       56      85    29
   10:  737       55      79    27
------------------------------------
Total: 2365      248     322   120  Total Score = 3,890,910

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

RIG: K3S + KPA500 + KAT500 + laptop
ANT: 80M sloper, 40M vertical, 2 X tribander (one pointed NE, one pointed NW)

A big thanks to Stan ZF9CW for the use of the house and station! Cayman Brac
is an amazing place...

We were here for WPX CW in May when I decided I needed to come back for CQWW
RTTY. It's what gets me through the work day...

The guys at the dive shop said late September is a great time of year as long
as there is no tropical storms or hurricanes nearby :) That means refundable
plane tickets, trip insurance and looking at the hurricane website 3X/day.

I didn't want to use a borrowed rig for a high power RTTY contest - I brought
my Elecraft RTTY station. The KPA500 is rated for key down 500W output for
10 minutes and it all fit in a Pelican case. I had an extra K3S as a carry-on.

The local computer here was acting up so there was no 9 circle RX antenna this
trip. The noise on 80M was S9 +10. There were off shore thunderstorms both
nights with huge clouds full of lightening lighting up the sky. I unplugged
everything on Saturday evening and sat on the porch with a rum drink :)

The contest - these are the best of times! RTTY is a contest mode. The most
amazing part was getting called by WB0O in Missouri. That was my call for
20 years when I lived in North Dakota, I gave it up to get KO7SS...

Thanks for the Q's! I actually got to use the N1MM call stacking feature...

73, Bill ZF2SS on K-Man Brac