[3830] ARRL Sep VHF N6GP/R Limited Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, timgep@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF N6GP/R Limited Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 06:51:43 +0000
                    ARRL September VHF Contest - 2023

Call: N6GP/R
Operator(s): N6GP
Station: N6GP/R

Class: Limited Rover LP
QTH: LAX

    6:   63     7
    2:   63     6
  222:   27     6
  432:   33     6
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  186    29  Total Score = 7,134

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Started out the day very harried. Had a radio club board meeting at 8:15, and
had to make 2 Alabama QSO party contacts before the VHF contest.  Was VERY
difficult to work Alabama on CW!   Weather was hot both days - 91 Saturday, and
upper 80s Sunday, with a bit of humidity.
Started at Summit House Restaurant Fullerton for DM13 which worked out well.  It
allowed me to work the KN6UWK Expedition DM02 on all 4 bands.  Their expedition
was the highlight of a relatively lackluster contest.  Stayed there until 2:30
local.
Went over to Shurr High School Montebello for DM04 and stayed until almost
sundown.  Glad to see people there for a change.
Sunday I went to Signal Hill DM03 and stayed several hours.  Finally caught
KA5PMV EM26 in Oklahoma on what must have been a rock on 6m.  Was teased by
W0XR, KA6BIM and KG6SEH with some FT8 decodes, but no QSOs.
Mid afternoon I went to Diamond Bar for DM14.  Decided not to go up the mountain
to Wrightwood.  Not sure my "Driving For Multipliers" strategy would
have worked

Overall I thought activity was down a bit.  Less problem with Murphy with the
laptops.  Getting more comfortable with the new laptop.  Looking back trying
to work June VHF with 2 radios and 2 laptops made things over complicated.
           QSOs by mode:   138 SSB/FM
                            41 FT8
                             7 CW

Rig:  Icom IC-7000