[3830] ARRL 10G+ K0SM 10G Plus

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10G+ K0SM 10G Plus
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 02:10:45 +0000
                    ARRL 10 GHz and Up Contest - 2023

Call: K0SM
Operator(s): K0SM
Station: K0SM

Class: 10G Plus HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  10G:        43            30310
  24G:        10             1234
  47G:
  75G:
 123G:
 134G:
 241G:
Light:
-------------------------------------
Total:        53            31544  Total Score = 36,844

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Team:

Comments:

My operating time was very limited on Sundays.  My three oldest daughters got
their licenses this year and made about 30 SSB QSO's each (KE2AIY, Alanna 14;
KE2AIZ, Maggie 8, KE2AJA, Dora 11).  My wife Rebekah (KE2AMI) also got on the
first weekend.

We operated from my house driveway FN12eu and up the road at FN12ev to work
east, so effectively "one" location.  Highlights included working the
Block I ops both weekends.  Best DX was W8BYA at 668 on a hard-fought
troposcatter sked during an August afternoon lull.  My two oldest girls worked
him just before bed on SSB S9+ tropo like it was a local repeater.....Go figure.
KB8U made it in the log shortly after at 571.  A little rain scatter Sunday
evening the second weekend netted AF1T and W1MKY at 583.  Rovers in the 200-400
km range kept things interesting.