[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K1KA Single Op-All Modes HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K1KA@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF K1KA Single Op-All Modes HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 18:48:51 +0000
                    ARRL September VHF Contest - 2023

Call: K1KA
Operator(s): K1KA
Station: K1KA

Class: Single Op-All Modes HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  43     24
    2:  14      8
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  57     32  Total Score = 2,272

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

I was only planning to be on a short time to see how the new 2M Yagi was
working. It seemed to be doing well considering the not so great conditions.
Thought I'd take a look at 6. Before long the SA opening started, which kept me
on the air longer than the original plan. Then tried 2 again, but the SWR was
very high and faulted the amp. Maybe rain was shorting the antenna? I pulled the
switch and tried a little on 6 the next day. I was a bit bummed about the 2M
Yagi and never tried it again. Miraculously several days later it worked great
even in the rain and has been working well ever since.

Can't help but wonder what ill's are lurking in the 2M antenna system with
winter fast approaching.

Thanks for the QSO's

73 Dave K1KA

6m K3S, KPA1500 7 el LFA,