[3830] 144FallSprnt NU4E Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 144FallSprnt NU4E Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 13:09:12 +0000
                    144 MHz Fall Sprint - 2023

Call: NU4E
Operator(s): NU4E
Station: NU4E

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EM8MI
Operating Time (hrs): 3.75

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

That was fun!
After work I drove from SC to the Parkway in NC to 6020ft. After 2.25h driving I
arrived in EM85MI and installed the station on the back seat and the antenne
next to the car. This year I used an IC-705 with a small amp, about 75W out into
a 6 element antenna 12ft high. This was my first experience with the little Icom
and it gave me some headaches but in time I could start the sprint. I could do
SSB and FT8. The ALC was too high, I had to adjust it, even Itested it at home
and I tested CW too but it wouldn't key on the Parkway. I found the issues and I
tried CW but nobody answered.
Condx were pretty flat but a few nice DX QSOs came into the log, here are the
top 5 DX contacts:
K2IL 566 miles
WA3NUF 546 miles
W3XTT 522 miles
WB4OMG 504 miles
WA3DRC 455 miles

I had lots of fun, great weahther, with a beautiful sunset at 6020ft. Thanks for
the fun on 2m. It was a clear night when I took the antennas down, made a few
pictures from the bright stars and drove about 2h home. I'm not on 220 but maybe
I can make it to the 70cm event again.

Thanks for the QSOs and the Sprint
73, Matt - NU4E