[3830] TxQP KJ5T SO CW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, steve@kj5t.net
Subject: [3830] TxQP KJ5T SO CW QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2023 18:56:09 +0000
                    Texas QSO Party - 2023

Call: KJ5T
Operator(s): KJ5T
Station: KJ5T

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: Limestone County, TX

   15:    2
   10:    4
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   84     0       0  Mults = 52  Total Score = 13,104

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I operated from Fort Parker State Park in Limestone County Texas.  Due to other
obligations on Saturday I didn't arrive at the park until late Saturday evening
and by the time I was set up I only had an hour to operate.  With a noon
checkout I only had the three hours Sunday morning.

Despite the time limitations I had a great time.  I was using my new N3VAN 49:1
Unun with 67.5 feet of wire in an "inverted v" configuration to get it
to fit in the space.  Rig was the trusty KX2 @ 5 Watts.

Logging and Computer Keying were accomplished with yfktest (thanks to Bob W9YA
for pushing out the Texas QSO Party Support!) and the K1EL WKMini. Hand keying
was with my ZN-QRP Paddle.

Camp Coffee was Kirkland Medium Roast Organic, percolated with a Stanley camp
percolator.

Looking at the reverse beacon network after the contest, I can see that I was
pretty loud on 20 and not so much on 40.  Kudos to the mobiles I did work who
pulled me out.

I am already planning next year, and may do the same set-up at Fort Parker and
will camp the entire weekend so that I can operate for more of the contest.

Thanks for the QSOs.  Getting calls from CWOps members and familiar POTA calls
made the few hours on the air an absolute blast for me.

73 de KJ5T