[3830] ARRL Sep VHF VE3WY Single Op-All Modes HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobm@mapleleafcom.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF VE3WY Single Op-All Modes HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 18:47:12 +0000
                    ARRL September VHF Contest - 2023

Call: VE3WY
Operator(s): VE3WY
Station: VE3WY

Class: Single Op-All Modes HP
QTH: FN04ae

    6:   85    53
    2:  126    50
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  211   103  Total Score = 21,733

Club: Ontario VHF Association

Comments:

I spent most of my time on 144MHz hoping for an extension of the good condx a
few days before the contest.  Some enhancements and I did get >100 QSO's on
144MHz which was one of my goals.
  Some F2 Saturday and Sunday evenings into South America added a bit of
excitement.  A couple of ZP stations didn't get logged as they were not in
contest mode and the computers just would not finish the contact.  I should have
changed to non-contest mode to get these stations.  The LU and PY stations did
get logged once they added their grid squares when they called CQ.
  No eme contacts this year as the moon was not up til 3:00am which was my sleep
time.  One tends to need some sleep as we get older.
   Thanks to all those that made it into the log.  I missed some locals and
probably a lot more by not being on SSB enough.  Most of the time when I call CQ
on phone I got no reply, so went back to digital, both on 144MHz and 50MHz.