[3830] WAE SSB K1LZ(LU9ESD/AC1NU) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lu9esd@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB K1LZ(LU9ESD/AC1NU) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 22:26:31 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: K1LZ
Operator(s): LU9ESD/AC1NU
Station: K1LZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ME
Operating Time (hrs): 35:52
OpMode: SO2R

   80:  157    76    31
   40:  505   416    42
   20:  796   743    51
   15:  979  1024    52
   10:  471   360    48
-------------------------
Total: 2908  2619   552  Total Score = 3,050,904

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

[log removed from comments]

Another radio weekend up here in Maine (on-site, not remote).
It has been an excellent opportunity to test the new reception systems that have
been added (in addition to improving the existing ones) in these past weeks
leading up to the upcoming three CQWW contests. Unfortunately, this contest
doesn't include 160M for testing performance, but at least on 80M, I believe the
team has achieved a fantastic RX, even with a high band-noise level and many QRN
coming from an approaching storm that turned into rain on Sunday.

Regarding the contest itself, I believe the participation was interesting,
although it is also true that it is becoming more common to hear stations
calling CQ, making very worthy entries with many Qs but not wanting to receive
QTC. My plan of not having more than 50 QTC in stock only worked until the
second day, where I had to sacrifice QSOs to go out every half hour and look for
stations interested in receiving my QTCs.

I spent most of the 36 hours operating in Dual CQ mode except when sending QTCs
and when going out to search for stations, multipliers, and QTC receivers,
especially during Sunday. I must not forget to mention and thank the large
number of stations that responded to my QSY requests to work them on other
bands, even in a higher percentage than in other contests, which is something
worth highlighting.

The overall propagation from here was fantastic: with a K-index ranging between
0 and 1, no auroras, and no geomagnetic disturbances, Maine is the place to be
in this contest, and as Krassy says: “it's when the station shows its
beauty”.

To my surprise, this score surpasses by 25% the old NA record held by “Uncle
Jeff” as VY2ZM from PEI 11 years ago (2012) and it's 50% higher than the
previous own US record held by K1LZ from the old station in Massachusetts also
in 2012.

Once again, thanks to Krassy for trusting me and lending me his F1 to become a
better pilot every day.

See you next!

Manu LU9ESD/AC1NU

Some stats:

DXCC worked: 53
Unique calls: 1113

5-band QSO: 76 (2E0PLA 9A5MX 9A5Y DA0BCC DA0M DA0T DA2R DA2X DF0HQ DF1MM DF9XV
DG4MH DG8DP DH1PS DH4PSG DJ3HW DJ4WT DJ5AN DK0WAE DK1KC DK4VW DK5DQ DK5JM DK5PD
DK7R DK8K DK9IP DL0HN DL0KA DL0SN DL1BUG DL2LBK DL2NBU DL3RAR DL4RCE DL5KBO DL5L
DL5SEU DL6RDM DL7ANR DL7DZ DL7JV DL7URH DL7YS DL9A DL9ECA DL9RAR DM5F DP5P DR3W
E77DX EA5DFV EI7M F8CRS G2MN IB3M IK0PHY IK1PMR IU8RIA LA9TY LB5GI LX1ER LY5W
OG3B OK1OA OM2VL OZ5E PA3EVY RU1A SM3U SN7D SP8R SP9XCN YO9HP YQ6A ZA/DL1DAW)

QSO-sheet by Contest Log Analyzer software

Day Hour 10m 15m 20m 40m 80m Total
1    00           35  57      92
1    01            7  24 21   52
1    02            4  32 20   56