[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K4LY Single Op-All Modes LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, DougK4LY@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF K4LY Single Op-All Modes LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 15:21:59 +0000
                    ARRL September VHF Contest - 2023

Call: K4LY
Operator(s): K4LY
Station: K4LY

Class: Single Op-All Modes LP
QTH: SC

    6:  132    59
    2:   25    19
  222:    5     5
  432:    7     7
  903:    1     1
  1.2:    1     1
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  172   182  Total Score = 16,744

Seven year absence from serious contesting. My first VHF contest was 67 years
ago in 1956.  Anyway, three exhausting trips up the 64' Rohn 25 tower got 2M
working, but not 902 and 1296. Six meters was more like June than September. No
VHF tropo enhancement following terrific openings earlier weeks. I had to
relearn how to use all my equipment and new N3FJP contest software.  Lost an
hour trying to figure out (unsuccessfully)how to use JTDX for contest, and ended
up downloading WSJT-x and using it. Ran Flex 6500 with Q5 Five Bander- 200 watts
on 6M (small amp), 60W on 144, 50w on 222, 50w on 432, and was able to also work
local W4DEX on 902 and 1296 with my damaged antennas. Could not find many to
even try 222, which seems to be my best working band. Spent very little time on
SSB where my hearing loss makes contacts difficult. Miss the old days when half
the contacts were CW. Thanks for the Qs!