[3830] ARRL Sep VHF W3XTT(KA1ZE) Single Op-All Modes HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, stanka1ze@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF W3XTT(KA1ZE) Single Op-All Modes HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 14:04:18 +0000
                    ARRL September VHF Contest - 2023

Call: W3XTT
Operator(s): KA1ZE
Station: W3XTT

Class: Single Op-All Modes HP
QTH: FN01xt
Operating Time (hrs):
Remote Operation

    2:  244    79
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  244    79  Total Score = 19,276

Thanks to Chris, NG3W for repairing the rotator indicator. The old system was
unreliable, not repeatable and left me wondering where my flashlight was
pointed! Pretty frustrating living 1000+ miles from the station not knowing how
to aim my 12 element yagi.

Conditions in the contest were good EAST and WEST. SOUTH probably about average.
After several weeks of outstanding propagation this kind of slowly brought me
back to a normal condition. Looking WEST, more stations over 500 miles made it
to the log.

Activity was lower than expected. This marked the return of my station to SSB
and CW. Most of my time was spent on FT-8. My total QSOs were about normal but
with the addition of analog I had expected they would have been higher. The
biggest disappointment was the dismal activity operating meteor scatter. Only 4
scatter contacts made it to the log. A normal weekend would have produced 10+
new GRIDS. A second station was always monitoring 144.150 for scatter. Meteors
produced 5 decoded scatter callsigns.

Thanks to the sponsors and participants, especially those that rove to less
populated GRIDS.

Stan