[3830] WAE SSB K9TI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB K9TI Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 00:32:01 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: K9TI
Operator(s): K9TI
Station: K9TI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 11:25

   80:
   40:    8     7    24
   20:   48    39    30
   15:   78    98    50
   10:   39    29    34
-------------------------
Total:  173   173   138  Total Score = 47,748

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Wow, what a great contest!  This is my first time entering a WAE and it was a
blast!

I don't operate many contests from my home QTH, most are from our contest
station. I wasn't sure how my pea shooter station would be, but I had a
wonderful time.  Friday evening, I had only planned on operating a little bit
and figuring out the QTC stuff and that was about it.  After getting on and
making one contacts, I was hooked.  If I didn't have other obligations, I would
have certainly put in more time.

I am a big fan of the Contest Online Score Board, it is such a motivator and
makes the contest more interesting.  I was chasing positions down all day, one
by one moving up.  My goal was to get in the top 3 on the scoreboard(SO-ALL LP
Phone for NA).  I made it to fourth earlier in the day but W0PV had a good lead
on me for 3rd.  I kept pushing, and finally, I caught him with about an hour
remaining.  That last hour, I was doing everything I could to get points... I
had worked every station on every band, gave out every QTC, and was calling CQ.
I thought I had him at one point, but nope...  In the last 15 minutes, he put up
a few more Qs than I did and edged me out.  Great job W0PV!  Thank you for the
motivation and for giving me someone to chase, it was a lot of fun.

Thank you to all that worked me and I hope to see you in the next contest.

73, Brian K9TI

Radio used:
Icom 7610

Antennas: