[3830] NA Sprint CW N1LI(K1DG) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N1LI(K1DG) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 18:08:06 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: N1LI
Operator(s): K1DG
Station: N1LI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ME
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

---------------------
Total:  20     Mults = 13  Total Score = 260

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Arrived home from a wedding at 0200. Figured out which feedline went to the 80M
wire 4-square and plugged it in. Heard signals, but SWR was not great so I stuck
with LP to avoid blowing up the phasing box in case something was wrong.

Upon inspection in daylight, one element was disconnected, and one element was
on the ground tangled in the support tree that had fallen down. Congrats to the
20 guys who heard me and snagged the elusive ME multiplier...I must have been
pretty weak.

Weather radar showed clear skies when I started, but at 0245 I thought I heard
thunder. Sure enough, a thunderstorm had popped up, so I ran outside and
disconnected everything then shut down.

Watching the 11:00 news, the weather guy showed the storm on radar and said
"This storm just popped up out of nowhere!"

A half-hour of Sprint is better than no hours of Sprint!

73,

Doug K1DG