[3830] CWOpen W8FN HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8fn@windstream.net
Subject: [3830] CWOpen W8FN HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2023 18:24:35 +0000
                    CWops CW Open - 1200Z-1559Z

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: North Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 4:00

   40:  139   138
   20:   92    44
   15:   16     4
Total:  247   186  Total Score = 45,942

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Just as anticipated, this session was far more challenging than the previous
night stint. 40 meters was pretty good at the beginning and rates were OK. Once
it was time to go to the high bands all the action came to a screeching halt.
Mr. Sun didn't help things very much with an A index of 12. 20 meters
essentially blacked out for me for nearly an hour. My low dipole made 20 and 15
mostly an instrument of torture, grinding out S&P QSOs with the few stations
that could hear me at an agonizingly slow rate. Hoping for better results in the
afternoon session.

73...
Randy, W8FN