[3830] CWOpen KK0U LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWOpen KK0U LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2023 16:20:15 +0000
                    CWops CW Open - 1200Z-1559Z

Call: KK0U
Operator(s): KK0U
Station: KK0U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 3.75
OpMode: SO2R

   40:   88    88
   20:  100    54
   15:    7     2
Total:  195   144  Total Score = 28,080

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

So, I start off the contest SnP on 40, things going well, then I work VE3NE and
N1MM sends "267" as my serial #.  WHAT?!  The other two were fine.
So, I reload a new contest, put the first two Qs in, try to work Lali again and
it happens *again*.  I tried to send a corrected call, and botched that, too.
I'm sure Lali thinks I've totally lost my pea-picking mind at this point.

WTF?

Turns out I hadn't reset the contest on the *hot spare backup computer*.  Lesson
to you all -- change the contest on that machine, too!

Oy.

It took me 10 minutes to figure that out, so I went on an SnP tear on 40, trying
to catch up to team mate KV8Q. For a long time we were neck and neck, and I
think he had to run to the store or something because his rate dropped off for
awhile.

Tried to get to 200 Qs, but no dice.

All in good fun, though!  This contest reminds me of a sailing regatta --
several races over a couple of days, and I'll really be feeling it by the end of
the third 'race' this afternoon.

K3, KX3+KXPA100 at 100W, 66' dipole up 40', 20m delta loop up 20', N1MM+, and
idiot me.  ;)

73 and see you this after!

Jim KK0U