[3830] CWopsT NH6O Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT NH6O Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 14:24:59 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1300Z Aug 30

Call: NH6O
Operator(s): NH6O
Station: NH6O

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Honolulu HI
Operating Time (hrs): .7

Total:   5  Mults = 5  Total Score = 25

Elecraft KX3 5W, antenna was a Buddistick mounted on my 13th story balcony. with
a dangling 33 ft counterpoise.

My first time on air since the IARU contest in early July, and my first CWT
since June 29.

I'm no longer operating regularly in city parks after some unpleasant and
threatening incidents. The 13z CWT was a good time for me to experiment with
balcony antennas while nobody was looking. Unfortunately, the Buddistick is
horrible compared to the tree-supported vertical end-fed wire I used in the
parks.

I tried working the A1 Club AWT at 1200z, but nobody in Japan could hear me on
20 or 40 meters. Some of the west coast signals were quite strong on 40 at the
beginning of the CWT, and I did manage 4 contacts - thanks, W7SW K6RB VE7KW and
KI7Y! 20 meter signals were much weaker, and I could only manage to get through
to N5NA.

My neighbors on the Big Island were unworkable - AH6KO was surprisingly faint on
20 and 40. I couldn't hear AH7RF at all, but I heard the CA station she was
successfully working (who couldn't hear me).

I'm trying to find ways to get back on air without endangering myself again at a
park, but the prospects aren't very good right now. I'll keep playing virtual
CWT in Morse Runner CE where I can actually have 150-200 QSO hours, and hope to
be back in real CWT's with a usable station before too long.

Aloha and 72/73,
Bob in Honolulu