[3830] OhQP K8MR Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] OhQP K8MR Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 12:48:58 +0000
                    Ohio QSO Party - 2023

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR K3LA
Station: K8MR

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: 28 Counties

   40:   704    21
   20:   185    17
   15:    77     4
   10:
--------------------
Total:  1102    42  CW Mults = 80  Ph Mults = 19  Total Score = 222,354

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Another fine ride around Ohio. This was our second best OhQP score, only behind
2020 when folks were stuck at home with covid restrictions, and when August had
five weekends keeping Kansas away from us.

Conditions were quite good, 15 meters being useful, 20 being somewhat short, and
40 staying short for nearly the entire contest. Over the first five hours I had
more QSOs on 15 and 20 combined than on 40, though 40 became quite good later. I
tried CQing on 10 meters a few times, but nothing heard.

A few real time changes to the planned route. A posted detour in Stark took us
far out of the way, when we probably could have found a much shorter unposted
route on local streets. And we missed an exit in Fairfield, leading us to
encounter an unexpected "Welcome to Franklin County" sign. So we ended
up skipping Highland county and did get to our overnight destination right on
time.

Florida was by far the most worked state outside Ohio, 141 QSOs vs. 64 for
Michigan, the second place state. W5TM wins the most QSOs award with 35,
followed by AD8J and N4OX with 34.

Sunday was a beautiful bike riding day, with my driver K3LA and I getting out
for fifty miles around Columbus, mostly on the Alum Creek Trail, plus a
connector through downtown Columbus for a few miles on the Olentangy Trail.

Thanks to all who chased us around the Buckeye State!

73  -  Jim  K8MR