[3830] WWDigi NN4RB SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nn4rb@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WWDigi NN4RB SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 15:08:08 +0000
                    World Wide Digi DX Contest - 2023

Call: NN4RB
Operator(s): NN4RB
Station: NN4RB

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: FM07
Operating Time (hrs): 7:00

   40:   36     7
   20:   80    23
   15:   42    18
   10:   10     7
-------------------
Total:  168    55  Total Score = 18,425

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Started three hours late using FT4.  I had high expectations; however, contacts
were slow.  I found things confusing about the right frequency to use and
whether to use the special formats.  It appeared that other were having the same
problems.  Ken (K4XL) and I were the only locals reporting on the online contest
site.  I watched Ken getting a few and I was keeping up, but it was slow.  I
didn't know where Ken was operating, but I was on 10-meters and then 15-meters.
I tried a few on FT8 on 10-meters.  Most were not working the contest and
sending the signal report and didn't understand that wasn't sending the signal
report.  I soon discovered that I had to resend the 73 a couple of times before
they would stop transmitting and move on.  I saw Pete (W4WWQ) reporting, but his
report was confusing.  I managed to catch Ken's score with more multipliers and
finally contacts.  I looked at Pete's report and he had doubled my contacts and
climbing.  I wondered how he was doing that, and figured that I needed some
schooling on WW Digi contesting.  I quit early and did not get back in the
chair.  I found that N1MM+ was making many mistakes and confusing operation.  It
would not clear dupes and kept changing the call entry field in a contact.  I
would go back and forth between the previous contact and the present.  I want to
see only the present one in the field, so I could see the direction that the
antenna should turned.  This was especially true when I would call and no
answer.  Unless N1MM+ has some better WSJT-X operation, I may use another
software.  I heard and worked Ken (K4XL), John (N4QWF), and David (N4IW).
Had fun, but need schooling.

Rick
NN4RB

IC-7610