[3830] 50FallSprnt NV4B/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 50FallSprnt NV4B/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 14:47:22 +0000
                    50 MHz Fall Sprint - 2023

Call: NV4B/R
Operator(s): NV4B
Station: NV4B/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 1:07

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Unexpected severe weather coupled with low participation brought an early end to
this contest for me.  I started at Colbert Mountain in EM64dq, made 5 quick
QSOs, then heard nothing else on FT8, so I decided to try some MSK144 in the
absence of Es.  Unfortunately, few if any had the same idea, and when I went
back to FT8 about 10 minutes later, some new stations had popped up.  Also
popping up were some storms with lots of lightning, so I hurriedly tore down and
drove as quickly as I safely could to EM54xr.  The wind had become significant,
so I didn't attempt to set up the 3-element Yagi, and worked only local AB4DX.
Having "qualified" as a rover and with the weather continuing to be
unpredictable, I threw in the towel and went home.
Hopefully both band and weather conditions will be better for the upcoming
Sprints!