[3830] OhQP W8FN Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8fn@windstream.net
Subject: [3830] OhQP W8FN Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 14:29:06 +0000
                    Ohio QSO Party - 2023

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: North Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 01:45

   15:    1
   10:
--------------------
Total:   51     0  CW Mults = 32  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 3,264

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

It's always fun to get on and work some of my old Ohio buddies, and I had
planned to give this year's event a reasonable effort. Murphy intervened.
Sometime Friday our air conditioner compressor crapped out (in the midst of
near-record temperatures in the mid to high 90s). We were unsuccessful in lining
up a repair over the weekend, so we sweated out inside temperatures in the 80s
for the entire weekend. I worked a little of the contest Saturday afternoon, but
it was no fun literally sweating out a very low rate working the few OH stations
I could hear. The plan was to get on 40 and 80 later in the  evening, but we
ended up heading out to a local restaurant (with air conditioning) for a nice
leisurely meal. Upon returning home the combination of an overly full belly and
still high temperatures in the shack resulted in no more radio activity. Hope to
do much better in next year's running.

73...
Randy, W8FN