[3830] NCCC FT4-Sprint W1UE(@W1KM) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, egan.dennis88@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC FT4-Sprint W1UE(@W1KM) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 09:16:55 +0000
                    NCCC FT4 Sprint - Aug 25

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1KM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Remote Operation

  160:   0      0
   80:   0      0
   40:   1      1
   20:  10     10
   15:   4      4
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  15     15  Total Score = 225

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Awwk!  Repeat after me: I will not sit down at the radios 5 minutes before the
contest and expect everything to work.  I will not sit down at the radios 5
minutes before the contest and expect everything to work.

That's what I did this week, so no SO2R.  Got a couple of Digirig units, and
used those for PTT, Radio Control, and Audio In/Out.  Unfortunately, I put one
in backwards, i.e. audio for decode was put into the speaker out, and audio for
transmitting was put into the the mike input.  What had me stumped was that I
was still getting 30+ decodes on 20m!  I fumbled through the first 10 minutes,
gave up on Radio 2, and did what I could.  5 minutes after the contest, I
figured out my error.