[3830] NAQP SSB K3KU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K3KU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 16:54:20 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 4:15

  160:    6     5
   80:   75    25
   40:   75    32
   20:   19    11
   15:    1     1
Total:  177    75  Total Score = 13,275

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Started at 0145Z and stayed BIC until the end.  The BC band intermod QRM that
appeared for NAQP CW seems to have disappeared.  Or maybe it was masked by the
general SSB crud QRM.

Condx weak; 40M did not play for me like it did for some other local entrants.
Participation seemed sparse, but maybe that was condx and my own RX capability.
Only one good run (42 QSOs at 94/hr on 80M).

Tuning for Maximum Fun, I did a little too much DXer type operating.  I spent
time looking for rare-ish mults on 20M (when there were plenty of mults still
not worked on the higher volume low bands.  Around 0230Z I stopped to work an
Italian on 20M (and neglected to hit "Enter" to log him!).  And
early-on I stopped to work LK1KU on 20M (building the total for my next
endorsement on the highly prized Worked All KU certificate).

Nice to QSO several new-to-me calls and to QSO old friends ("What are you
doing in TN, Jeff?").  I thought I was working more PA than PVRC, but the
statistics show 25 MD, 14 FL, 13 OH, 12 PA, 12 VA, and 10 NJ.

What a chore.  What a bore.  What fun!

Thanks for the QSOs.