[3830] NAQP SSB N8II Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N8II Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 20:55:29 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 7:47

  160:   36    15
   80:  141    32
   40:  348    43
   20:  333    43
   15:   23    16
   10:    5     4
-------------------
Total:  886   153  Total Score = 135,558

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Score totals are surprisingly low due to other summer activities and poor
conditions on 10 and 15. I caught 2 HP stations together on 10M + one local each
in MD, VA, and WV. 15 was not a whole lot better, with mostly weak west coast
only at the start and not much better at 19Z with some loud CA, NV, and WA off
the coast of WA.

Being in WV is an advantage; whens someone spots they swarm on you! I had a
nearly perfect minute on 75M at 0206Z with 7 Q's (gotta pick out a full call
quickly!), and best hour was on 40 at 0044Z with 166. I would guess it took me
twice as long to hit 300 Q's on 40 as it did on 20. 20 was normal for summer
conditions, but activity waned during the evening hours when prop was best to
the far west. 15 was just plain wacky; I heard a Japanese loud around 21Z and
several Europeans in afternoon, but the to the states it was mostly closed. The
runs were fun! I was fatigued at times, but kept a decent run rate going most of
the time. I still had some left in the tank when I quit at 0321Z, but stopped to
let the XYL go to bed. It was more fun than CW thanks to all of the callers.
Thank you all very much and hope your score was boosted by the WV mults. I
worked MD/VA/WV on all bands thanks to some moves, but didn't have the time to
track down mults.

73, Jeff