[3830] NAQP SSB W2LC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W2LC@twcny.rr.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W2LC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 15:47:23 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: W2LC
Operator(s): W2LC
Station: W2LC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 1.6

  160:    0     0
   80:  114    35
   40:   18    14
   20:   39    14
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  171    63  Total Score = 10,773

Club: Golden Knights Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

If you were born in Buffalo, as I was, you are a Sabres fan.  I live a bit North
of Syracuse NY now.  I’ve watched the Sabres play hockey since the beginning
in 1970.  Last Thursday (August 17th) RJ passed away.

Rick Jeanneret (RJ) was the voice of Buffalo Sabres hockey for over 50 years. A
true legend in this area.  RJ did the Sabres play-by-play on Buffalo radio and
TV.  I used to watch games on Canadian TV in French (Hockey Night in Canada)
when you could not get the games locally. Hey, hockey is big around Buffalo.

I have never used any other name than my own in a contest, but this time I made
an exception.  RJ is a Buffalo legend who will be missed but will never be
forgotten.  One of those people that you have to like.  It will be bitter sweet
if the Sabres win the cup and RJ is not there to make the call.

RIP RJ

73 Scott W2LC