[3830] NAQP SSB N1LN Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bemeier@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N1LN Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 12:42:44 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 10
OpMode: SO2R

  160:   37    19
   80:  188    38
   40:  449    54
   20:  209    43
   15:   27    43
Total:  910   167  Total Score = 151,970

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

What started off as a drag, fortunately changed in the middle of the contest to
a fun event. As I was running SO2R I gave up on 10 and 15 early and moved my K3S
to 40 in the second hour. The K4D was still on 20 but rates were not anywhere
close to what was expected. My original QSO goal was 1000, but when I broke for
dinner around 2300, a revised goal of 500 was looking to be a stretch.

Then, after dinner, everything changed. I found an excellent frequency on 40 and
my rates just took off. I had burst rates in the high 300s with my best hour of
175. Now I was having fun. Running SO2R really kept my attention with radio 2
and the N1MM+ voice keyer. Almost all second radio SP Qs were made using F4 and
F2 and not me using the mic.

Even with better low band conditions reaching many of the western mults was
impossible from my NC QTH with 100w. That was especially true on 160. Even so, I
am quite pleased with the end result. Did not make the original goal of 1000 Qs,
but came close and did stay in the chair for 10 hours.

Thanks for the Qs, the fills and the actual FUN TIME.

73,
Bruce N1LN